Need a reason to become an expat? Here are the most popular:
• “I have no job. Now what?” – There are countries begging for English speaking workers.
• “I want to retire cheaply.” – Go retire for cheap in a country with a low cost of living.
• “Looking for adventure and whatever comes my way!” – Plenty of adventure abroad.
• “Wanted by the Man.” – “I understand extradition from Rio is very complicated.” (Fletch, 1984)
Other popular reasons for US citizens:
• Broadening children with new cultures, new languages, new sights.
• Making your first $92,000 tax-free from the US government (for 2009 tax year)
• Speaking of taxes, you get an extra 2 months to file. April 15th – No. June 15th – Yes!
• Finding that special someone.
Hey, if these reasons aren’t quite enough, how about 100 reasons more? Enjoy!