So, I’m watching a video of Chris Guillebeau, the guy behind The Art of Non-Conformity book and blog. It’s something he sent me, oh, about 231 days ago (I know this exactly, but I’ll explain why later).
In the video, Chris answers this question: “What are the key points you want people to take away from your blog and, more importantly take action on?”
I then thought to myself “Have I ever stated that on my own blog?” I think not, so I’ll answer it now.
Ok, Here Goes. Purpose & What To Take Action On
If you ask what this blog is about, it’s easy: I want to motivate others to move abroad. I want others to share in the experience of life abroad.
I want you to take action:
- Get a passport
- Know your dream destination – country and even, city
- Get a vision of yourself, your situation today, plus your goals of next year
- Make a date (if your first time, a realistic date is sometime from 6 to 18 months)
- Save money – a little, every day. On big purchases, too
- Save time – cut an hour of TV a day and use toward realizing this goal
It’s really that straightforward. Remember: Be. Do. Have. (In case that doesn’t make sense, sign up for my letters on top-right of the website)
Why 231 Days Ago?
Oh, you think I forgot? Here is how I knew Chris Guillebeau sent me something exactly 231 days ago. Because I’m part of Chris’s Empire Building group (his very first), Chris sends me a message, every day, for a whole year. Some messages are pep-talks, case studies, lessons learned, tips & tricks, etc. Click here to read more about the Empire Building Kit. I said before that I believe it kicks ass. After 231 days, I still feel the same.