First, Welcome to Expat Yourself
I’m Jeff (about me here). Thanks for finding me.
This blog is now 7 years strong.
What’s the main point of this blog?
“The world is your oyster. Take it.”
When people hear how I lived, worked and bought property abroad, they ask “How?” So I started this blog. I hope you can become an “Expat Yourself” 🙂
I Want This Blog To:
- motivate You
- share stories and experiences
- give step-by-step help so you actually can travel.
- explain why moving and living abroad can be a truly life-enriching experience
Some Key Posts To Read
Answering Basic Questions
- What Is An Expat?
- Why Am I Writing This Blog?
- How Expat Life Affects Routine
- How Expat Life Affects Taxes (hint: good & bad)
Not So Basic Questions
- Humans Need Change
- Words about Individualism (ala “The Fountainhead”)
- How Do Expats Break the Ice?
- Do I Kiss, Hug or Shake Hands?
Looking for Motivation?
- What Will it Take For You to Become an Expat?
- Our Cheesy RV Vacation Video (June 2010)
- 5 (Bad) Excuses Why People Don’t Move Abroad
- Timeline to a New Life
- 18 Excellent Expat Tips From Experts (most popular)
Some How-To Posts
- How to Become an Expat
- How to Get Rid of Prized Possessions
- International Moving Checklist
- How to Pack for an International Move
- How to Tell Loved Ones You’re Leaving
- How Working Abroad Can Work for You
- How to Transfer Money Internationally (and Part 2)
- Visa Process Basics
- Visa Process Timelines
In Summary – That’s Just the Beginning!
These are just a fraction of the posts available. And you can always drop me a note – I’ll help you, whoever you are.